Saturday, May 12, 2012

3rd time's a... wedding gift!

 Another quilt from last year (2011), a wedding gift for my cousin. I was totally coerced into making this for her! A couple months before the ceremony, my mom and Aunt said to me "Wouldn't it be nice if you made a quilt for Colleen's wedding? That would be sooo nice!" Well, what was I supposed to do? :P

It wasn't that I didn't want to, it was just that it was only the third quilt I had ever made! I was nervous it wouldn't turn out very well and that everyone would notice every little mistake. In the end it turned out okay, but I was a bit rushed and the binding looks a little sloppy in some areas. That just adds to the homemade charm, am I right? :)

I looked at her registry and chose a color scheme based on what she had on her wish list. I went with a bundle from the Fat Quarter Shop.
When in doubt... patchwork.

1 comment:

  1. Taking a tour through your quilts. Love them and the stories. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to stop by. I visit every commenter's blog! <3